“It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!”
-The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland
My aunt lost her job a few months ago. She's single and quite old these days. She looks after my grandma full time. Anyway, she got a new job yesterday. It's located in Hong Kong and so now my mum is going to be the primary carer for my grandma. Her job starts in two weeks so she's going to pack up everything here and move back to Hong Kong.
On top of this, my grandma is pretty sick. She's a diabetic. It isn't controlled. She eats like she doesn't care which upsets my mum. They found another cancer the other day, so she's going to have another operation. This is after having half her breast removed earlier on in the year because there was cancer there too.
My next door neighbours are moving out. The wife got a promotion but the job is in Perth so they are relocating. The removalists were over there this morning. They even got pet transport for their two cats on site. My mum doesn't really like them so much because they are a bit snobby. My mum wants to put up a new fence around the house, and now with them leaving, it is going to make it harder. Mum was grumpy today.
Last night I went out with my friends for dumplings and then for a drink at Good God. Rick came after the Lemonheads' gig too. I twisted my ankle quite badly trying to get out of one of the booths and am now on crutches! I was supposed to go to a beer tasting tonight for market research and now I can't go. Boohoohoo...
I'm also supposed to go to Ricardo Villalobos at the Metro tomorrow night but that is in question now as well. On top of this, I had wanted to go to Subsonic on the weekend but I don't think trekking through wet paddocks on crutches is viable... or maybe it is. I will have to see. What a day. What a weekend.
Last night I went over to Jen and Adrian's place. I bought them three new records for their new record player... Frank Sinatra, Steve Wonder and Bruce Springsteen. Hearing Frank on vinyl was lush!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment