http://www.thefader.com/2010/11/22/premiere-tensnakes-defected-promo-mix-mp3/
What a chilled weekend. I sprained my ankle on Wednesday and at the time I was a bit bummed because it forced me to change my weekend plans. I sold my ticket for a techno gig at the last minute to a friend because *dancing* on one foot for four hours at the Metro Theatre didn't really sound very appealing. I felt fortunate that someone was willing to take my ticket off me.
On Saturday morning, I met up with Wing at Kawa in Surry Hills. It was nice to have breakfast with her. I ordered and quickly devoured two poached eggs and a potato rosti. Coffee was also had and delicious. Later I met up with Rick and we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art to view the Annie Leibovitz exhibition. It was busy and I was not that inspired to be honest. Maybe the crowds made it uncomfortable. We later watched the end of the second day, of the second test of the Ashes at the Gaslight Hotel. Australia isn't doing so well. I also bought a new book and a diary for next year from Kinokuniya. The first part of the evening was spent listening to some tunes at Sweeneys. They have $3 beers there on Saturday and some young guys with a good attitude put on a cool little party on the roof. Given the inclement weather, the party's turnout was impressive.
On Sunday, Jamie and I bought champayne and some vegetarian take out from Zenos. We sat at the Botanic Gardens and chilled. It was so nice. We found a sweet spot in the park with shade, a breeze and a view. We spoke about everything. We had a few more beers at the pub and picked up Vlad and drove to Gordon's Bay in Clovelly for a dip in the ocean. Because of all the rain, the water wasn't very clear. The water was very crisp however... special nevertheless. Jamie is also quite a good cook. He made us some sort of Asian noodle dish with soba noodles and mushrooms and spinach for dinner. Tasty tasty! Because he is living up north too at the moment, he dropped me home which really topped off what was a lovely day out.
Sometimes you meet people and there is a good connection. I think the key is making sure you are ready to meet these people when they do pass by. Keeping a good spirit and attitude is key. Some people are like weird blockages and aren't good for you. Some people flow towards you and you towards them, and the friendship doesn't feel like much effort at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment