Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Saturday was a long, LONG day. 

I woke up at 4pm on Sunday to do one just one thing - to attend a marathon yoga session which between spells of dehydration, sleep apnea and insomnia, I had decided would be THE answer to my problems. I lugged my sore head and body to the 5pm yoga class at Kings Cross fitness first. Yoga is always intimidating. I'm about as flexible as a ruler and even though the instructor always says you aren't competing against those around you, it is still very confronting that I cannot touch my toes. She even tries to make us non-bendy folk feel better by discriminating against the others who have "hyper extendible joints". I WISH I WAS HYPER EXTENDIBLE. I think I used to be and sometimes I still am... but not after sleeping for fourteen hours.

You know for sure that you need to do more stretching when the poses you used to be able to do, are now a distant and very painful memory. The class ended with some group "um"ing - therapeutic indeed. 

I feel like complaining about how early it gets dark again but I'm not going to. Just know that I want to and I don't like it being dark so early. Anyway, I got a call from the ex boyfriend at around 8pm saying that I was (now) invited to a barbeque that I was not previously invited to. The friends thought it would be awkward for him if I was to be there too. Except that they don't know that we hang out pretty much every weekend and in fact, I am still the person he talks to about his problems and me about mine. It annoys me that they get to decide whether he is going to be awkward with me around. He obviously isn't and why do they think they get to decide for him or for me? 

PS. I LOVE THE NCIS theme song!

Thinking about a career change is tiring. All this researching about the options and what to study, how to get experience and what to do about my lease are going to prematurely give me wrinkles, if the late club nights aren't.

No comments: