Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the final day of November in twothousand&ten

This is the apple cider I had a few days ago. As you can see, my hair has grown out a bit. It has been a long process.

I type trepidly. I'm scared to read what has been written previously in my blog. It's November again! Every second boy seems to have a ridiculous moustache. I've been keeping this blog for what seems like an eternity- although I would hardly say that I've been "keeping" it up to date of late. So much has been going on, yet all this commotion hasn't actually got me anywhere, or has it? and I can simply not tell.

It is necessary that I disclose that as I type, I'm listening to this song. I've been listening to it on repeat for a whole day already and as a result, it must certainly be affecting my mood somehow.
http://soundcloud.com/futureclassic/fcl50-b1-mitzi-all-i-heard-12-inch-mix

Living at home has become comfortable. My friends from a year ago who were the content for much of this blog, I don't see (much) anymore. My high school friends I catch up with regularly but that amounts to about once a month. I've met some new people. Some I like and others I'm learning to like. Others I actually dislike and don't know what to do about.

I don't feel unhappy. I don't really feel particularly happy either. Although compared to this time last year, I feel less anxious. I put it down to growing up. I'm still looking for work which I didn't think would be the case, one year ago. I had originally thought that by now things would be smooth sailing again but they aren't. They are peaceful but I don't have a rotating schedule again, yet.

What I have realised in the last little bit is that there are so many really nice people out there and that if I hadn't lost my job, I would never have met them. My world would have stayed the same; in that little pocket of Westpac-ness and hanging out with those same (amazing) university and high school friends... to change you need to make a change... any change. Otherwise, how can things change at all? Now I'm sounding neurotic again and have probably lost you in my nest of words but I really believe this. It's hard to venture into the unknown because it is unknown. You only know what you are giving up, but you don't know what there is to be gained... to experiment with your own life is the most exciting thing of all.

Here is some more amazing music if you are currently bored reading this and need some noise:
http://soundcloud.com/futureclassic/jazzanova-sunhaze-every-sunday-at-the-alexandria-sydney

This is the hat I wear to the cricket haha

One of my oldest friends (as in I've known her for a long time) sent me this lovely postcard from London. Her name is Pamela. I miss her so much. She is coming back for a wedding in April. She is the maid of honour and I am a bridesmaid. It is going to be wonderful. i know it already!!!

I bought these two castanets from Cuba. They are pretty cool aren't they?!

Some friends and I went on a Halloween boat party in October and the theme was "rock and roll zombies and crack whores from out of space... " as you can see, we tried our best.


No comments: