I met up with my mum for breakfast today. She was upset at me because she said I don't see her enough which is true. I don't mean to avoid her but sometimes I feel like seeing family soaks up my day and I have other things I'd prefer to do with my time... I think there are lots of things we disagree on which doesn't help and I'm at a point where I can't see any point in trying to 'discuss' these things. I just sit, wait for the moment to dissolve, and move on.
I got some advice a few weeks back now that maybe I should try to update them with anecdotes from my life without them having to ask first. I might try this idea. It might help.
Anyway, I am listening to Ella Fitzgerald right now. She's really amazing, especially on a really warm summer's night.
I also caught up with a guy from high school who I haven't spoken to since school. It is really wonderful how you can find things to chat about with people who you haven't seen for donkeys years. School was a really weird environment. So convoluted and confusing. I am happy I'm not there anymore and that it's over. (ps. I walked by Ching-a-lings last tonight and it was not open... what is with that?!)
$10 steaks at the Bourbon were delicious.
x over and out for another day. Shower time.
No comments:
Post a Comment