Saturday, October 3, 2009

vomit inducing District 9

I watched District 9 at the cinemas this afternoon. I had to escape to the bathrooms about two thirds in, to vomit. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling sick. It was probably a combination of the shaky "real" camera work which was making me nauseous AND the freaky appearance of the aliens AND various other gross visuals. I caught a cab home because it's raining and well, I couldn't fathom public transport after vomiting a second time after the end of the movie. I've never been one to vomit from visuals. I told the cab driver this and he replied, "wow, I really want to see that movie now". Weird.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Wow, that sounds messed up! Hope you're feeling better, but that seriously must have ruined the movie for you. It's a good thing you weren't watching Resident Evil: shaky cam + gore!