Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday morning

Another week of unemployment commences... it's great. I'm not going to kid you.

1. I got the time for the spin class very wrong this morning. I thought there was one at 9:30 in the morning but it turns out there just isn't. I've got some form of Dyslexia. So instead, Jen and I walked over to her new apartment on Woolahra via Rushcutters. It's rad! I can't wait to have pizza and beers there. It's that sought of space, you know what I mean?! It's right near Centennial Park - I can't wait for summer proper to kick in so we can walk to Bondi and stop off for an ice cream or beer on the way there... yeah!

2. That's my new t-shirt. It says "DANCE DANCE" and "SHAKE YOUR BONES". :-)











3. Yesterday at the Green Park while beering (not sure why this isn't already a word) it occurred to me that despite being happy that I'm no longer at the bank and having to conduct banal chit chat etc and prolifically working the spreadsheet (I love the world banal), that if my boss were to walk into the pub and I had to say 'hello' or at least smile, I'd still feel resentment at being made redundant and that my pride would be re-crushed. It's almost as if the only reason I don't feel those feelings anymore is because I am not forced to confront them daily and look at her (wrinkly face) in a meeting. Strange isn't it... maybe time will make it better. Although, the more I ponder this thought, I'm thinking the only way I will really ever 'get over it' is by turning out better in a few years time. Not sure how this is going to work out but that's how I feel now.

4. Albert Hammond Jr.'s first solo effort called Yours to Keep from 2006 (I'm 3 years late) has been on constant play for the last day and a half. He's the dude from the Strokes. It's growing on me and I wish my memory was better so I could remember the words - an example is here.

5. Validating my standing typing situation - although I stand because I don't have enough space in my room. I guess I should keep standing perhaps.

From: Saturday's Herald (Spectrum section) 15/8/09

No comments: