Sunday, August 9, 2009

"How's the serenity? So much serenity."

Okay, so there is construction going on around the corner from my place Monday to Friday. These really loud and abrasive construction workers arrive around 7 o'clock most days and yell at each other as part of general conversation. "Did you find a park?!" and "Did you watch the footy bro?" I'm up on the third floor of the building and can clearly make out their conversations. Not cool.

So come Saturday and Sunday, I'm looking forward to the serenity. Today, however, is the annual City to Surf. There has been a low flying helicopter overhead since about six this morning. I've been trying to meditate on the droning of the helicopter's propellers and engine but in the end I give up. I think people forget that not everyone cares about the fun run.

Yesterday, three separate individuals piked on me. I was pissed off at first, but decided to not let it get to me (too much) and so I used my time to make a zine. My first zine, in fact. I downed a Becks and sat in the sun, and went about this joyous task.

Found - http://yvanrodic.blogspot.com/

Minor epiphany today - It's nicer to hurt than be hurt.

No comments: