I was listening to an interview with Beth Ditto from the Gossip. She was saying that for some reason we think that being self deprecating is punk. I tend to agree. It's almost the done thing to make yourself feel average about your own achievements. Do you do it? I think I do. It's not cool to be proud is it? even if you are really good at your craft. I've no solutions, just questions.
ITM interview - appears that the questions that I sent to Angus got lost in their "spam filter". I guess I thought the lack of response was maybe because he thought my questions were too weird which would have been okay. I guess it is quite a mainstream music news site - not really the place for strange, left field questions. Well now that he's sent them away, I guess I can wait for it to be posted on ITM in the coming week. Yay. :-)
FMAO = freezing my arse off
So I've been asked who I would like to come to my farewell lunch. I was like, really all the people in my team are really about the same to me. I like and dislike them all equally. Can I invite everyone except all the new people [from the other bank]? not really right? Who knows, I might need them to purchase my paintings with their deep pockets when I'm really struggling and I don't want them to hate me completely. They are nice people after all.
I can cope with the morning tea. I've invited people from around the bank who I started in the grad program with and various people I've met along the way. There are lots of happy people here. Am I supposed to prepare something to say like everyone else who has left before me? Am I allowed to do a 'Jen' and be brutally honest or do I have to be nice to the very end. Is it really more mature to be nice? Why is sucking it up and being fake nice seen to be more mature? isn't that just majorly chicken nuggets? I guess people don't really want to know why you don't like or get along with them. It's probably enough for them to know you just don't.
I'm also dreading them asking me "What am I going to do?" Bankers like to plan. I like to plan. I don't particularly like this blank space I'm walking into. I will be like: "I don't know. I'm still thinking about it. I'm 25."
I'm going to watch Sunshine Cleaning now. I will report back once I'm done.
Bye blog - thanks, you've been therapeutic.
p.s. the winter solstice has passed - summer is on its way!
No comments:
Post a Comment