Monday, June 15, 2009

Pears and tofu

Nope, they aren't related. I'm not steaming them together although that doesn't sound too bad now that I've typed it. I like pears. Recently I've been getting right into those Packham pears; green and juicy and still not too soft. Tofu - love it. It falls into the same category as beer, Cherry Ripe, liquorice and olives - adult food. My mum used to call it white jelly. It didn't work though because it isn't sweet. It's this neutral flavour that's a bit like milk but even more mild, don't you think? Well tofu and pear hey? maybe. I could see it working. I should google to see if it's already been done.

Secret! I'm also into this really dorky show right now called Brothers and Sisters. I found out on the weekend that a friend of mine has also secretly been watching this show. It's about the politics of being part of a large family. I can't relate to the show at all so it all seems really realistic to me. My mum and dad only had one kid, me! There is also significant eye candy in the show- some guy called Ryan and this other guy called Tommy.

Can't wait to watch Star Trek - the Final Frontier. I borrowed it from the Surry Hills library. Oh my. I love libraries. After working in corporate land for 4 years, I can't really remember the last time I went to a local library. I do remember university libraries but they don't really have the same community feeling and they're way too big too. They have FREE internet there which is awesome. I was able to access Gmail and also feed my Twitter and Facebook addictions. They also have a unisex bathroom, next time you're busting and you feel bad for borrowing the Clock's loo or next month when the markets are on. I note that the bathroom doesn't have that blue lighting which hides your veins, even though I think it probably needs to. I can just imagine junkies shooting up in a place like that.

No comments: