Friday, June 12, 2009

Can you remember any of the first names of your teachers from school? I can't. I tried today and so did my mate and both of us couldn't for the life of us remember any of their first names... (could have been the two beers we had).

Our friend has recently become a teacher and she introduced herself, accidently, by her first name. All the kids in her class laughed. I guess it isn't that surprising though, considering that's what we do in day to day life anyway.

We have decided however, that as far as high schools go, students aren't supposed to know the first names of their teachers, ever. I'm sure that back at school I did know their first names but now, a decade on, I can only remember that they were Mrs or Mr, so and so. Like I saw one of our teachers from school at IKEA a few years ago, and I still called him Mr [insert name here]. I guess everyone around me knew instantly that he was a teacher! Who else get's called by their surname in a shopping space?

Today - my walking around the streets aimlessly, was relatively successful. Street casting is harder than you think. I thought there were lots of good looking people in Sydney, but there aren't. I was frequently distracted by their outfits. This is obvious in retrospect but people who dress well aren't the same people who have good faces.

I submitted my InTheMix contribution last night as well. Researching to ask interesting interview questions is hard work! I'm yet to receive any feedback from the ITM editor. U-oh. Maybe they think it's shit. Email is such a pain sometimes. I want instant feedback damnit!

No comments: