How to speak to people you know read your blog
I have had two runs in with people who I know read my blog - this blog (p.s. thanks). My conundrum is that I don't know whether I should be speaking to them assuming that they have read my blog or whether I should speak to them as if they haven't?
The secondary issue is that if they have read my blog and I repeat myself, I risk boring them in real life with the details that I have probably better fleshed out here. I could just ask whether they've checked out my blog recently I suppose but the problem there is that they don't necessarily know what they haven't read (and I would also sound really self absorbed, if I don't already by having this blogging obsession). All they would know was that they had read it say yesterday but before or after I posted my blog entry for the day? they wouldn't know. I don't really know what the solution is. I can just repeat myself in as concise a manner as possible I guess but that's not ideal either. What to do?
Creative Sydney - headed along tonight with Mads after having ramen for dinner. Lots of creative types mingling and 'networking' it appeared. Lots of people poured in for the DJ set by the kids at StupidKrap. I sat on top of one of those long booth chairs with wheels on them and nearly caused an embarassing scene when it started to move under me. Yes, it would have flipped and I would have flipped with it. I would have had to leave and I'm sure people would have laughed.
Cubes outside Customs House - took photos which I will upload tomorrow using work's bandwidth speed and unlimitedness.
Dress code at work - got told off today for wearing jeans, a hoodie and sneakers - too casual. Yes boss, I will wear a suit tomorrow.
Droga5 - applied to be a receptionist/office assistant at this ad agency. It looks like a fun company to work for. I wonder if that's the reality. I hope so. I'd just like to see what they do in creative workplaces like this and see if people really are happier doing the things that they want to be doing. Cross your fingers for me!
Tomorrow - Beastman solo show at the Oh Really Gallery


No comments:
Post a Comment