Every time I go out I meet weird people. Last night we're having dinner at the AB Hotel in Glebe and I decide to be NICE to this old guy who is having dinner by himself at a big table. I had to because there was no where else to sit and we needed to share (take over) his table. Anyway, I do this by asking him how he is and conducting nice jovial conversation. Next thing I know I have this old guy telling me he owns the pub, as in the one we are sitting in, and a Rolls Royce, and do I want his phone number? All I asked for was a job at the pub because I'm about to join the dole queue otherwise and I get this. Faaarrrk. And did I mention he is like old, like older than my dad? like wrinkly and just really OLD?
Breakfast this morning at Bunker was good. The junk shop up the road with the crazy french shop keeper was fun. I nearly NEARLY bought a pair of 1970s Christian Dior sunglasses (see above) to add to my collection from him but luckily I remembered that I'm about to be poor. $100 is too much anyways. I like how blogging this is making me feel better about leaving them behind at the shop.
So I'm strolling through Hyde Park to take the bus to visit my mum on the north side today, when I see this!
Yes, two skater guys, with a Japanese looking girlfriend I presume and a baby and a PRAM and the pram has NAPPIES in that tray thing underneath it (so they aren't faking the parenthood thing, though why would you?) and he's wearing different shoes? I walked passed thinking it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while and couldn't resist. They seem rather flattered that their being photographed as you can see... even the chic is smiling.
Anyhoos, that was my day. I nearly bought a pair of jeans at Chatswood Chase but didn't. They are doing major renos there. It's like a maze and everything has moved. There is this whole new section which includes a WITCHERYMEN store. Yes, men, you too can buy beige and grey clothes from Witchery now. Applause.
To keep me accountable, I didn't manage to get to the gym today - drank too much last night. Did I mention that I woke up on Quinn's couch, again. I swear I am being drugged.
Lost in E Minor - cool paint job
Incongruent. Cool word. Read it used as a way of describing someone for the first time the other day on hobogestapo and I'm liking it. Might try it out. Pretty sure my mates are going to lose it when I do... I'm never intentionally funny. Wah.
Anyhoos, that was my day. I nearly bought a pair of jeans at Chatswood Chase but didn't. They are doing major renos there. It's like a maze and everything has moved. There is this whole new section which includes a WITCHERYMEN store. Yes, men, you too can buy beige and grey clothes from Witchery now. Applause.
To keep me accountable, I didn't manage to get to the gym today - drank too much last night. Did I mention that I woke up on Quinn's couch, again. I swear I am being drugged.
Lost in E Minor - cool paint job
Incongruent. Cool word. Read it used as a way of describing someone for the first time the other day on hobogestapo and I'm liking it. Might try it out. Pretty sure my mates are going to lose it when I do... I'm never intentionally funny. Wah.
No comments:
Post a Comment