Thursday, March 10, 2011

new beginnings

I start my new job on Tuesday. I feel happy and sad about it; it's bitter sweet. The end of 20 months of drifting is about to come to an end. I joked about getting a tattoo of a palm tree to help me remember the last little while. I don't think I'm ever really going to be happy working for someone else. This is what my time away has taught me. Personal projects, money making or not, are likely to be the most rewarding.

I got a hair cut today. It's the usual bob. I just felt the need to get my locks looking a bit fresher. I also bought a new round of make up. Subliminally, I'm hoping it brightens up my face in what might end up being a pretty boring job.

On the up side, I'm quite happy with the new boy I'm seeing at the moment. We spend a lot of time together. Sometimes I wish you could have time alone and time together, at the same time. I know that sounds crazy, but I want him to be around ALL the time, yet sometimes, I feel like I need time alone in my room, to type away, aimlessly like this, or to sew or daydream, or browse a bookshop...

I always had this feeling that 2011 was going to be a good year. Someone else said it to me as well in January. I suppose, after 2009 and 2010, things couldn't really stagnate any further.

Tonight, I saw Wavves at Manning Bar. They were really cool. Their sound was simple. Songs were catchy. Performance was tight! Crowd really loved it. Vibe was tops too.

Mood wise, I'm feeling more stable than I have been for a while. My dad still pains me. My mum is still neurotic. I've been using Facebook a lot less. I kind of feel like the content isn't as interesting anymore. Are people actually using it less? or am I just paying less attention to it?

A week or so ago, I went down to Melbourne for the week, and relaxed at Jamie's aunt's beautiful holiday house. It was delightful. I slept well and ate even better.


No comments: