Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bitter sweet Christmas time this year

So I've had a bumpy little life (who hasn't really?) but today, one of the most important people in it leaves Sydney to work overseas indefinitely. She's my aunt! She's my mum's sister. She is a cross between maybe a sister and a mother. From when I was a kid, I had sleep overs at her house. She's seen me grow up. She even took a day off to see me run at athletics carnivals when both my parents couldn't make it.

I used to visit her place once a week for dinner. Whenever my parents were fighting, I'd live at her place for days and sometimes weeks, waiting for peace and quiet to resume.

In a little bit, we're driving her to the airport and even while writing this, I know I'm going to ball my eyes out. Probably like about 2 litres of liquid from those fucking tear ducts in my eyes.

No comments: