Friday, December 11, 2009

Thursday night - clotted cream?

What's happening? Nothing. I'm seeing the Friendly Fires with Pamela tomorrow. Exciting. I will miss London. I will miss feeling like I am doing something.

While I was reading my book with a coffee, my smoke lit and my iPod plugged in, I suddenly felt very "materialistic" and felt like the character that Bret Ellis Easton was describing in the novel I was reading... aimless, superficial and almost lifeless. I turned my music up louder to drown out this feeling.

This wasn't quite working, so I tried to remedy this with wine which seemed to perfectly juxtapose my created situation. I then tried to think about death and it was somewhat comforting.

A friend is coming over for chocolate pudding now. We are waiting for him to arrive. I think I'm going to go for a late night stroll into the city. Where shall I go though? I guess I'm about to find out.

See ya!




No comments: