I’m 26 and from Sydney, Australia. I’m working at the Royal Bank of Scotland at the moment. The job is average but finding good HR work in the corporate world of late has been difficult given the “economic crisis”.
I enjoy seeing bands, cooking and reading books. I decided to come to London to see what working over here would be like. I had heard so many good things about it, and so far, it’s been spot on. Oh, and the odd martini doesn’t go astray either.
My boyfriend, [name goes here], is English so it seemed like the logical choice to spend some time over here. The weather sometimes gets me down, but mostly, I like it here. [Name goes here] works odd hours so I don’t get to see him much but I try not to let that spoil the fun.
My boyfriend, [name goes here], is English so it seemed like the logical choice to spend some time over here. The weather sometimes gets me down, but mostly, I like it here. [Name goes here] works odd hours so I don’t get to see him much but I try not to let that spoil the fun.
We’ve got some new housemates moving in before Christmas which should keeps things bubbling along. It’s hard not to miss the current housemates though. [Name goes here] has already left which made me sad.
Person B
I’m from Lancaster, England. About four years ago, I left for Australia to see what the country was about. I moved into a share house in Redfern and started seeing one of the girls in the house. Her name is [name goes here]. We’re still together now.
Since then, I’ve worked in some amazing bars in Sydney, Queenstown in New Zealand and London. I’ve visited quite a few places in Europe too. I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding and playing the XBOX.
I’m currently working at Crazy Bear in London. It’s a members club in Covent Garden. It’s quite swanky. I’m on a salary there which is rare for bar work but at the same time, they really milk me as much as they can – the hours are sometimes ridiculous. I do love making cocktails though and enjoy trying to mix the perfect drink to suit an occasion.
I would have liked to stay in Sydney but I can’t legally work in Sydney anymore, so we had to move overseas. I’m 23 years old.
[Name goes here] and I both do shift work so I’ve come to know him quite well. We are often up in the early hours of the morning having a quiet whisky and man chat before going to bed.
Person C
I’m from Perth, Australia. I thought I was leaving London about a year ago but ended up staying for a bit longer than expected. I’ve just arrived back in Perth in the last month after spending four years in London. My friends say I’ve picked up the accent. I’m enjoying the weather. I am spending Christmas in Perth with my family. I’ve got plans to head over to Melbourne to set up a new life in the New Year.
In London, I was working at French Connection. It’s a men’s and women’s clothing chain store. Up until most recently, I’ve been dating [name goes here]. Originally, we had plans to start a business together in South Africa but I’ve since decided that maybe we weren’t suited enough to each other and that the best thing was for me to head back home.
Person D
I’m from South Africa. I arrived in London six years ago, age twenty. I’m heading home in the next week. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to get a visa to get back into the UK. My mum just bought an Italian Restaurant in Cape Town, so it looks like I’ll be helping her out while I’m in city.
My girlfriend of three years who lived with me in this house, has gone back to Australia. We’ve decided to go our separate ways. It’s not easy leaving a city you love and also having the girl you love, also leave. On top of this, we have sent the dog that we shared, Keelah, to Australia too.
Currently, I’m working as the main middle man between the London Underground head office and the worker bees who paint and refurbish the underground during the night. The hours are not great but the money seems to make it worth it. I’m hoping to keep my business running while I’m in South Africa – only time will tell if running my operations remotely will work.
Person E
I work at a flooring company. I’ve been into some fancy places to lay carpet and floors! Like famous people and high end department stalls. I’ve been in London two years now and am currently 25. I’m heading home to New Zealand for New Years and a wedding in January.
Person B
I’m from Lancaster, England. About four years ago, I left for Australia to see what the country was about. I moved into a share house in Redfern and started seeing one of the girls in the house. Her name is [name goes here]. We’re still together now.
Since then, I’ve worked in some amazing bars in Sydney, Queenstown in New Zealand and London. I’ve visited quite a few places in Europe too. I enjoy skateboarding, snowboarding and playing the XBOX.
I’m currently working at Crazy Bear in London. It’s a members club in Covent Garden. It’s quite swanky. I’m on a salary there which is rare for bar work but at the same time, they really milk me as much as they can – the hours are sometimes ridiculous. I do love making cocktails though and enjoy trying to mix the perfect drink to suit an occasion.
I would have liked to stay in Sydney but I can’t legally work in Sydney anymore, so we had to move overseas. I’m 23 years old.
[Name goes here] and I both do shift work so I’ve come to know him quite well. We are often up in the early hours of the morning having a quiet whisky and man chat before going to bed.
Person C
I’m from Perth, Australia. I thought I was leaving London about a year ago but ended up staying for a bit longer than expected. I’ve just arrived back in Perth in the last month after spending four years in London. My friends say I’ve picked up the accent. I’m enjoying the weather. I am spending Christmas in Perth with my family. I’ve got plans to head over to Melbourne to set up a new life in the New Year.
In London, I was working at French Connection. It’s a men’s and women’s clothing chain store. Up until most recently, I’ve been dating [name goes here]. Originally, we had plans to start a business together in South Africa but I’ve since decided that maybe we weren’t suited enough to each other and that the best thing was for me to head back home.
Person D
I’m from South Africa. I arrived in London six years ago, age twenty. I’m heading home in the next week. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to get a visa to get back into the UK. My mum just bought an Italian Restaurant in Cape Town, so it looks like I’ll be helping her out while I’m in city.
My girlfriend of three years who lived with me in this house, has gone back to Australia. We’ve decided to go our separate ways. It’s not easy leaving a city you love and also having the girl you love, also leave. On top of this, we have sent the dog that we shared, Keelah, to Australia too.
Currently, I’m working as the main middle man between the London Underground head office and the worker bees who paint and refurbish the underground during the night. The hours are not great but the money seems to make it worth it. I’m hoping to keep my business running while I’m in South Africa – only time will tell if running my operations remotely will work.
Person E
I work at a flooring company. I’ve been into some fancy places to lay carpet and floors! Like famous people and high end department stalls. I’ve been in London two years now and am currently 25. I’m heading home to New Zealand for New Years and a wedding in January.
I’ve been working almost six days a week for the last two months. It is very tiring but I guess there is no time like the present to earn some good money before taking it easy when I am home for a few months. I’ve got a few good business ideas that I’m working on.
My flatmates make fun of my sparse space in the kitchen pantry. I don’t really have time to cook and am too tired when I do have the time. Most weekends I’m out with friends around London.
My flatmates make fun of my sparse space in the kitchen pantry. I don’t really have time to cook and am too tired when I do have the time. Most weekends I’m out with friends around London.
No comments:
Post a Comment