Hi, It's Wednesday and I can see the sky outside so I kind of want to get outside before the sun decides to set at 4pm again. What I really like about London is that you can do a bit of everything, every day. I can go to a gallery (today I'm off to the Photographers' Gallery) and do a bit of sight seeing (today I'm checking out Hampstead Heath) and do some shopping (Luella is my pick today, spent some time in Vivienne Westwood the other day) and then after all of that you can go drinking (today we're meeting up with Chris, Howo, Pam and Lia at Crazy Bear - some member's only bar where Max works and where Peter Andre frequents apparrently...).
What I also really love about London is Waitrose, but that's another post in itself.
Yesterday Prashan and I went to Wembley for some curry. It's like the Indian hood there and their curries are yum! I ate with my hands, with a bit of difficulty. Then Prashan and I braved the cold and walked around Wembley Stadium. I thought it would be a good idea seeing as we had eaten quite a bit and also seeing as I (used to/still) love football. (I was a crazy Liverpool supporter back in the day... years of mediocrity wore away at my enthusiasm).
We also went to one of Gordon Ramsay's pubs near his home in Maida Vale. I saw an awesome bottle green MG parked outside and wanted to steal it. On the tube I saw this old man wearing the coolest plain black tracky dacks. It takes years to get that look and he was totally rocking it with his oversized tortoise shell frames.
Monday I checked out Dover Street Market. It's a bit like Opening Ceremony, conceptually, but with less variety but still pretty awesome. It's four floors. The British Tate was way awesome too. Photos to follow. Suffice to say, I got into the one paying exhibition for free!
This made me laugh this morning. http://www.theberrics.com/dailyopspost.php?postid=1486
No comments:
Post a Comment