(pictures to come)
1. What is with Chinese people being murdered? I know they are trying to run this story in the Herald and I'm being taken along for that ride, but seriously, I don't like it. I'm going to wear a blonde wig as a guise. And why is this playing at the same time. God.
2. Did you know I want to buy a BMX to cruise around in? I'm being told (by road bikers, they love all that Deus Ex Machina stuff - been into the shop and I'm just not crushing it) that I should get a road bike and that they look better. I don't think they look better. Do they? I have dreams (literally, I dream in my sleep about it, not like a dream to become good at it) about doing tricks on a BMX - is that weird? In fact, I want Terry's BMX. It might be too heavy. I am in a bidding war with Tristan though. Not sure how I am bidding in this because I don't actually have an income but we can think about that if I win the bid.
3. Check this place out if you are in Wynyard. I would but it is too close to the old workplace. I'm not totally over being shitty at that inanimate hole yet. I will probably never be and it is a good motivator so I'm keeping it in my back pocket.
4. My face swells up when I drink. Gin martinis are amazing.
5. A beer cannot possibly equal four pieces of bread in carb or calorie intake. That's seriously messed up. If it's true, I'm going to slit my throat.
6. Diesel free Peronis gig - was ok. Free Peronis are good on a sunny afternoon and Claudia is great company. (Scored some male cologne at Diesel. Useful.) Sarah's and Amelia's market shops were cool. Go find them. They sell cool stuff. I want to buy/rob jewellery from Dinosaur Designs. I love.
7. I was thinking about my year 4 teacher. Her name was Mrs Bailey. She was amazing. Her husband and her had their first child when I was in year 6. She was a young-ish teacher and had the prettiest handwriting- no joke. They ran Narrabeen Sport and Rec camp. We biked around that place like nuts on camps in year five and six. I loved her. I was the teacher's pet. She was the sports teacher at school. She coached our awesome all conquering PSSA netball and t-ball teams. A good teacher can really give you a leg up in life. I don't even know if she's alive anymore or died sailing in the ocean. Her husband and her sailed as a hobby - my memory is very good.
8. I met up with Fiona for lunch yesterday at Bunker. I love that place. I love her more. All the people who work there are from New Zealand and it is still cool. Just kidding. I read chic mags. They are full of neurotics like me. And it's true, a good friend is someone you don't see for months and months (mostly because you can't - she's an INTERNATIONAL PA - so awesome!) and still want to see them and you love them and want them to find eternal happiness. Lesson - if I didn't work at that office, I would never have met her. She sat in front of me and made working there better - plus she wears black all the time which means we were destined to get along. (When I started working in my old team, everyone was in their late 20s and single. When I left, everyone was either a parent, or was married, or both. Someone there was so frank that when she heard that a friend of mine was pregnant, she said, "but you aren't married". Idiot.)
9. Right now, I can hear the bong water bubbling from the guy punching cones downstairs. Seriously.
10. Sarah, the Fortian, is in New York. I dig her list of like and no likes.
Likes
- hotdog stands everywhere
- the enormousness of Central Park
- how everything is open all the time
- the Egyptian section of the Met
- how cheap everything is here (I bought Calvin Klein bras for $14 each yesterday!)
- Gap, H&M, Top Shop etc
- the great museums and the rooms full of Picassos, Van Goghs, Renoirs etc which are treated as normal here
- Statue of Liberty
Dislikes
- the August heat
- the dirtiness and heat of subway stations
- the grit I'm covered in by the end of the day
- the tax plus tipping which makes everything about 20% more expensive at least
- the pizza so far... I've been to some supposedly "great" NYC pizza places that I didn't really think was that great
- the size of the city which makes getting lost very tiring...
11. Japan soon. Exciting. Everyone says I will love it. No one has said I won't. The pressure for it to be awesome is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment