- Quadraphenia?
- I bought an umbrella from a $2 shop today at the bottom of Foveaux Street today. It cost me $3.95. Why? It has a hole in it. Fuck, my luck.
- I bumped into Amelia at Sportsgirl, Erin on Foveaux and Mark at the $2 shop. It's Erin's birthday drinks on Friday. Woot. And German Andy is here too. Double woot.
- Dudes who wear their fringe as a quiff. That’s cool.
- I was standing on the side of the street, waiting to cross the road when a bus goes by. I hate it when that happens because bus wind/fumes is/are grose and I can feel it assulting my pores.
- I saw a guy in the Surry Hills library with his pet bird. The name of the bird is Cleopatra.
- I nearly got bashed on Saturday night. I was walking through Darlinghurst and they wanted to be violent.
- Six Wolves has moved to a new studio. It’s a big(ger) space and more industrial and less ratty than Foster Street. I had a drink with Kristen and Chris at the pub the other time and we decided that cats get nine lives, so they are going to call the space, Studio 9. Rad. Kristen and Chris are the slimmest people I know. Kristen is the only girl I know who wears skinny jeans and they are baggy on her. And she eats like a horse. Adam was wearing a cool brown jacket today.
- The Big Issue – that magazine that bums try to sell to you at stations has totally picked up its game. I bought one today. It costs too much: $5. I got it because Johnny Depp is on the front. I’m predictable. It used to be printed on grubby newspaper-like paper. Now it’s on coated stock.
- I got told I’m being self-indulgent for blogging. Yeah probably. That’s fine with me. Although then I figured that I could give something back. I’m going to interview cool Sydney people and make it into a book. Want to help me?
- How are they paying me? I have got a good answer now. They pay me in coffees and by giving me something to do and keeping me sane. Working isn’t just about earning money I’ve realised. It’s about doing something that takes a bit of brain and having somewhere other than your own house to hang out at.
- What happened to that cafĂ© job? They didn’t call me for another shift and I didn’t like it too much. I don’t even know if I fucked up. It was just like a bad date I guess.
- I don’t like the word “seldom”. It’s a wanky word, don’t you think. Seldom. Blargh.
- I drank like 10 Carlton Draughts last night. I sat with people I didn’t know and drank with them. Weird. At about 9pm I asked the kitchen for a piece of bread. They gave me the most amazing herb bread. All of those boys were lovely. I have a major crush on one of them. Holy moses.
- I saw a really big flower today.
- We bought a punnet of strawberries at Woolworths and ate them on the Town Hall steps while waiting for Andrew. We saw cool looking Japanese people. Andrew has a mad red road bike. His bike and our strawberries matched. We shopped for new denim for him. We turned General Pants upside down. They weren’t mad at us though. I know Angelina who works there (through church of all places – my god). She’s cool. She’s doing really well. She’s an illustrator and working as an art teacher and working at General Pants. How very hard working. Go girl.
- I had dinner in Chinatown. It was busy and it’s Monday night. I paid $11 for my whole dinner. I even had dessert. Check this shit out. This place was amazing. On the menu, one of the food descriptions was “starch noodles”. I laughed. It may as well have said, these noodles will make you fat.
- I really like the colour black. At dinner, my friend Wing was talking about this hen’s night she is organising. I don’t like weddings and things like that really. I thought (aloud), “do you think I can get a black wedding dress?” She was like, “do you want a black veil?” And I said “I guess so because they have to match”. Then I was like… “shit, I’d look like that bride from Tim Burton’s movie, Corpse Bride.” Fuck.
- Julie gave us the low down on the worst gig she’s ever been too. It sounded bad. Read on. Her and her boyfriend are getting dressed for this night out. She bought a ticket from her friend because she wanted to give them “support”. How sweet. She is wearing a bright lemon yellow top. He boyfriend is wearing a bright pink top. They turn up at this gig and EVERYONE is wearing BLACK and she realises it is a goth/emo gig. It wasn’t even fancy dress. What is more strange is that EVERYONE there was Asian. I didn’t know that there was a goth asian sub culture. The idea that there is a goth asian sub culture is fucking with me. She and her boyfriend stand out like sore thumbs. Then a dude from the band comes on stage. He is Asian. He has painted his face WHITE all over. He is wearing black. And he has blue eyeliner. He then orgasmically screams into the microphone. Wow.
- They keep coming - I was speaking to this guy who got a job at a pub when he was 18 (I guess). One day he walks to work after school. His boss gets him in a room and says: I need to ask you one very important question. “Can you please not wear your school uniform to work?”
- What do you think of cloud denim? That tie dyed denim? I was at the Diesel shop today scouting and got distracted by them. They would be a bad investment. Not even an investment. They cost like $450 dollars and will be in fashion for all of one season. My lord.
- I got mugged once. My mum gave me some dinner to take home. It was ma po (grandma) tofu. They tried to take it from me. I must look like an easy target but I’m not. I fought them off, literally, and the tofu spilled everywhere. It’s oily too. Suckers. (I tore my calf muscle and had to go to physio for 6 weeks.)
- I met a guy one time and I was like, what do you like? He said he really liked sport - all sports. And that he can watch any sport. Even lawn bowls. I was well impressed. I don’t like sport. I used to really like it but it got boring. I don’t know why. I travelled to Canada, got home and stopped watching it. I like people who like something a lot and aren’t self conscious about it. That’s cool.
- My ex-boyfriend (who I still want to have an awesome life) once said, “you’ve got something on your bum”. I’m like “what?” He said they look like warts, Ella. I was like, ooooh no and started to wail from the overall grossness of the situation. Anyway, we are totally stumped and having a beer in my apartment. I’m worried. Then I put on my T/Ksubi shorts and realise that my SHORTS HAVE BURNT MY BUM. Yes. They are these mad shorts that have studs around the pockets and because I had just come back from a road trip from up north and been sitting on my bum in Winston (that’s the name we’ve given Quinn’s car) all day, they’ve burnt my bum and you can see exactly the same pattern on my bum that is on the shorts.
- I got sent this email today. Murder me.
i found some cocaine at work today, just a tiny baggy, behind the bar hidden under some bottles.
i gave it away to a girl at work, she was very pleased.
but having done some research, it was probably worth about $400. Dammit!
I totally rorted myself!
lol. what did u do today?
- I found this really beautiful person today in Paddington for the advertisement we are casting. She’s Irish. She had just lost her job and said I made her day. I hope she scores the photo shoot. That would be awesome. She has the most amazing eyes, nose and mouth. Love.
- I like it when you meet private school boys and they are embarrassed about having gone to private school on the North Shore. And they are at COFA doing digital media. Hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment