Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another fun day of unemployment

My lovely flatmate's mum is staying with us this weekend. This means no crashing around please. They are on a yacht tonight having dinner. How fancy! Walked by Kit and Kaboodle - looked very packed. I bought some gelato from Woolworths and wandered home. I'm tired though not quite sure tired from what exactly. I guess this job application is really sapping.

I went on a road trip this afternoon to Cabramatta with Jen and Tash. It's about 45 minutes south west of Sydney. Tash is doing her teaching practical at a high school there starting Monday and she had to meet the teachers today. I don't think I could ever get up in front of a class of teenagers*. I'm incredibly inspired by her. I think teachers make such an important contribution to society. And it's such a difficult job!

I can't wait to visit Jen's new pad in Woollahra tomorrow after school. What type of house warming present should I get her? Maybe I will draw her a picture. Hmm... maybe after I check the place out, I will have a better idea of what she needs. But then again, I want to arrive with something.

Side note - why is free to air television so average?

*I'm even scared of the emo ones that sit in circles in Hyde Park.

No comments: