Currently having a debate in my semi hung over state in my shrinking cranium as to whether the post I haven't yet written should be submitted to Fuck My Life, Street Carnage or Platform. I live a little. I write a little. But because I'm getting more experienced at this blogging shit, I'm going to hold back for a day to see if I really feel like spilling the beans on a most fucked up experience, well not so much for me, but more for said dude. Suffice to say that, coming off the contraceptive pill while awesome because you become "normal" again has it's downsides too. (I'm not pregnant.)

Here are some photos from yesterday. I'm going present tense on you now. It all feels pretty present.
Blood Orange on Elizabeth Bay Road is open again. It's been refurbished and it's looking good.
I run into Annie at Zimmerman after having coffee with my mum. I get a slice of carrot cake. It's one of my weaknesses. Mum doesn't recognise Annie despite me having gone to school with her since year seven. I catch a train back to the city and 2 Indian chics about my age are talking in Indian about their school notes or something. Being political correct is boring (but righteous) so here goes: why do Indian girls wear gold necklaces and rings and earrings all the time? I know they build whole castles out of gold over there, but in my opinion, I don't think it looks good with their skin colour. In fact, gold doesn't look good on any Asian skin. I like black on brown skin and I think silver on Asian skin looks good. That is all.
I buy the UK edition of Elle. It has Lindsay on the front looking rock. I love.
I wait for Sarah at Somedays. I guess I'm looking lonely at this point (I was standing alone so this fits the description of lonely). Some guy from a place near Miami is nice enough to speak to me. Then his whole bunch of friends arrive. One of the friends is the artist - Mark Barwald. His pieces are the shit.
Another of his friends is a lady with amazing legs. They tell me she is more than 40 years old (ancient!). People over 40 aren't supposed to have great legs. I'm like, I want legs like that. I guess I said that bit aloud 'cause then someone in the circle replies, "no offense, but your legs are about 4 inches shorter". And just like that, I get free and hit the lush fairy bread.
I have an amazing ability to take really bad photos of good looking people. So you need to use some imagination. See.
I run into my parents' neighbour at the Gallery. She's got a daughter. Elise is an only child too. Her husband is cool. When I was a kid, he built us a mini skate ramp. Sometimes we use to use just one side of it and then we'd all take turns skating down someone's drive way (me sit on skate board and roll) and then hit the ramp and go flying over the road into the spare piece of land that isn't there anymore. Was that English? I broke bones.
Continuing on: then, some dude cracks a wine glass on top of the plate of lollies which means I've probably eaten glass. 3 Carlton Draughts later, Sarah and Jane walk, I stumble to the Cricketers. It's Wednesday so all the bike dudes are hanging out there.
I get another beer and meet them in the courtyard. It's not too busy so I'm happy. Sarah is contemplating her visit to the Establishment tomorrow night with all the suits. We discuss the possibility of meeting up later on tomorrow (that's today now) at Ching-a-lings for our Thursday night regular. A waitress with a sleeve of anime tattoos arrives and delivers dinner.
Ever wondered what the ceiling in the female bathroom looks like at the Crix? This.
Chris and his housemate, Neve meet us up at the Gaslight. Mid week beverages are refreshing. This is the first time I've properly met Neve. She's cool. She's moving home though (back to the Shire) so she loses one cool-person-point there. Blake gave me the best advice ever before he went back to Canada, when I lost my job and I was thinking about moving home. He said that of all the times to move home, that while being unemployed was the worst time to move home. Agree.
Claudia's out at Fringe Bar being pretty with the fashion crowd. We also meet her up at the Gaslight for one more. Did I mention I hallucinate when I'm drunk - two for the price of one. She's looking pretty and wearing a dress with her equally glam girlfriend/flatmate. I don't realise that they are sitting next to us until they yell at me. Then they jet, we all jet. More to follow...
The present tense-ness is making me feel all Bret Ellis Easton. This is no good.
I'm off to paint a bedroom with Kristen. Mads is going to the aquarium with Trylon - an aquarium date. Cool. There is something sexual about fish swimming in water. Maybe because, visually it's like sperm swimming around in a tank.

1 comment:
"...maybe visually it's like sperm swimming around in a tank."
Dudette!! I'm love, love, lovin' yer writing!! :)
Post a Comment