Got sent this today. Nice write up about my/our quarterlife crisis(es). It forced me to think about my current situation a bit more. I've been putting off and blocking out thinking in general of late. I'm good at it. It's been gradual and encouraging. I started when I realised that thinking wasn't actually helping. Then last night, I was chatting to a friend and we decided that it's cool that I'm floating a bit now. He said I deserved it, which was nice of him. I was saying that I sometimes didn't really feel very alive with life right now and that helping other people, even in a job that sucks balls, at least makes you feel like your alive. Sex makes you feel alive, don't you think. Even average sex does. Weird. I wish there was a job or something that I could live off, that did the same for me.
From the Eye Weekly article with the link above...
"Imagine a day in the life of a couple you probably know. He’s 27 years old, and she’s 26. They wake up beside each other in his downtown bachelor apartment and have sex that neither of them particularly enjoys. They’ve been sort-of dating for a while now, but they’re not willing to commit to each other: he likes her, but doesn’t know if he always will. She can’t decide if she likes him more or less than the other two guys she’s sleeping with."

No comments:
Post a Comment